Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tracking movements on your website

Yesterday Rob Haggart wrote about how annoyed he was by a photographer who had tracked him from an email promo. He writes, "I think my enthusiasm for email promos and links to work on photographers websites was completely cut in half the day someone emailed me and said “I see you’ve been checking out my book” I actually looked for a portfolio in my office because I didn’t recognize the photographers name, “I just wanted to see if I can show you some more work or shoot an assignment for you.”

Then I realized they had tracked me from an email promo I clicked on and suddenly I felt duped. Are all the photographers secretly tracking my movements to see when I click on a link or how much time I spend on their website. Man, that sucks."

Photo Business News & Forum followed up with this post about email tracking.