Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lesson learned

Time is valuable. It's something we all know to be true and yet this lesson was reinforced recently. I had been in contact with someone trying to set up an appointment and, for various reasons, I delayed on two separate occasions. These delays obviously frustrated the other individual to the point that they are now ready to forget the whole endeavour. I had inadvertently sent them the message that I didn't value their time and that was disrespectful. Thus I apologized and took this to be a good reminder that people's time is valuable. When we're late or when we don't return a phone call or email, we are not respecting the relationship we have with that person. Thankfully this will be an isolated incident as my father trained me to be chronically early.