Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First group meeting

Tonight is the first meeting of my Photography Business Support Group (the capitals make it sound more official, don't they?) and I'm very excited about it. Basically, the group will meet once a week, for the next ten weeks, to work towards their individual main goal. Each week each person will present the challenges they faced and receive suggestions and advice from the group.

ETA: So far the biggest challenge will be time and how much of it people have to dedicate to something that is purely voluntary with optimistic but uncertain results. I'm getting discouraged as already people are unable to attend. It's difficult to organize people who, in general, do not think or act in a linear and analytical fashion. One friend reminded me that even if only a few people show up, I can still gain a lot from the process. Either way I've made the commitment to myself to focus on my short-terms goals once a week.